Thursday, March 4, 2021

Dr Suess Estate Pulled Dr Suess Books.....NOT a government ban

 

👉

I was not necessarily on board with the idea of banning any of the Dr Suess books. (I mean, in a world where I can buy a new copy of Mein Kampf, but not Dr Suess, is kind of odd). BUT, after looking closer at what happened, it was not a government intervention or anything, it was a decision made by the company that owns the rights to the books. So I dont think I would have done it...(although I am not in a habit of reading Dr Suess so I have no pressing opinion either way)....but it is important to underscore that 👉Last year,👈 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, decided that it would cease publication of six different Dr. Seuss books, including the following.
And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street
If I Ran the Zoo
McElligot’s Pool
On Beyond Zebra!
Scrambled Eggs Super!
The Cat’s Quizzer
👉I support their right to do whatever they want with the books they own all rights to. Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, published over 60 children's books over the course of his career..1931 to 1990 (the year he died).