Monday, May 11, 2015

Lindsey Graham: Immigration Policy Has to be about the Votes; not Security, Job Loss, or Cost

If I were president of the United States, I would veto any bill that did not have a pathway to citizenship. You would have a long, hard path to citizenship … but I want to create that path because I don’t like the idea of millions of people living in America for the rest of their lives being the hired help. That’s not who we are.

  • Mr. Graham argued that his party risks losing the presidency with its current hard line on immigration. “We’ll lose,” he told USA Today. “I mean, we’ve got a big hole we’ve dug with Hispanics. We’ve gone from 44 percent of the Hispanic vote (in the 2004 presidential election) to 27 percent (in 2012). You’ll never convince me … it’s not because of the immigration debate.” [Washington Times]
http://www.zoreks.com/po-lindsey-graham.html