Friday, May 15, 2015

Scratching Carly Fiorina Off My 2016 Possible Candidate Support List

Not that she held any high interest for me. 


 I find her recent comment on the same sex marriage ruling coming up by the Supreme Court to be actually kind of confusing. On one hand she says that she  will support the Supreme Court decision on same sex marriage while at the same time invoking the importance of religious liberty. To be clear, I am not hating anyone who chooses the gay life style, but a decision from the Supreme Court will affect many things from freedom of speech to religious freedom. Religious organizations do not want the right to discriminate. What they want is the right to not be forced to submit to something against ones conscience. If a same sex couple wants a cake, they can easily find a baker who will do it. They do not have to force the only Christian shop in their proximity to do so.. It's not about the cake...it's about the power.

Anyway, Fiorina's comments were:

"I think the Supreme Court ruling will become the law of the land, and however much I may agree or disagree with it, I wouldn’t support an amendment to reverse it. I very much hope that we would come to a place now in this nation where we can support their decision and at the same time support people to have, to hold religious views and to protect their right to exercise those views. I think this is a nation that should be able to accept that government shouldn’t discriminate on how it provides benefits and that people have a right to their religious views and those views need to be protected. We need to protect religious liberty in this country.”  -Carly Fiorina

http://www.zoreks.com/po-carly-fiorina.html